Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Burn, Rewrite, & Reread Book Post!

Hi, everybody! :) This post is about a tag challenge I got from one of the blogs I read: The Music Of Words. In this tag, you choose 3 books you have read recently, and then you choose which one you would burn, which you would reread, and the one you would burn. You repeat for 3 or 6 rounds. I am going to do 3 rounds because I read way too much to remember the past 18 books I've read.

Group 1:

  1. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
  2. The Death Cure by James Dashner
  3. Poached by Stuart Gibbs
Burn: I would burn The Scorch Trials because I felt it was not a satisfying ending, Thomas's actions were driving me a little crazy. I thought he should've forgiven Teresa faster, because almost everything in that series was about him avoiding death. And he felt betrayed (*SPOILER ALERT*) when Teresa "tried" to kill him, so if it was to save him, why was he so upset? I bet he would've done the same thing for her. 
Rate: 8/10

Rewrite: I would rewrite The Death Cure because I (*SPOILER ALERT*) did not want Teresa to die! Also, Newt's death scene was not satisfying to me.
Rate: 8.5/10

Reread: I would reread Poached because Stuart Gibbs is one of my favorite authors and he did not disappoint with another tantalizing mystery! Especially with Teddy framed, and the trademark of Large Marge chasing Teddy all around FunJungle.
Rate: 9.9/10

Group 2:

  1. A Death Struck Year by Makiia Lucier
  2. Breathing Room by Marsha Hayles
  3. Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs
Burn: Sorry, Belly Up but I would have to burn you. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it was a mystery. The other two were historic fiction about diseases and they had more emotional pull on me then this book did.
Rate: 8.7/10

Rewrite: I would rewrite some of the scenes in Breathing Room because I think they could have been a little more emotional. Otherwise, great novel! I especially loved the little Loon Lake guide that was at the beginning of each chapter. I have actually had the pleasure of meeting the author, Marsha Hayles, in person. Read about it here
Rate: 9.7/10

Reread: A Death Struck Year, you pulled on my heartstrings with almost every scene. I was sad the deaths had to occur, but they furthered the characters and the emotional tugs. You made me nervous (in a good way) and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants an emotional read.
Rate: 9.9/10

Group 3:

  1. The Lies We Tell by Sarah Hamilton
  2. 23 Minutes by Vivian Vande Velde
  3. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderon
Burn: I was forced to read Fever for a summer reading (Which I read before school was out) so even though the book was acceptable, it's not something I would've picked on my own.
Rate: 7/10

Rewrite: The Lies We Tell would be rewritten because some of the wordings I didn't like. Just me being picky, even though it had a good story line & plot, the words didn't flow smoothly enough. 
Rate: 9.5/10

Reread: 23 Minutes had me on edge with every chapter. I was so worried she wouldn't be able to stop the robberies. It was humorous, especially the first scene, even though after that, things took a more serious turn. 
Rate: 9.8/10

For more Recommendations by me, check out the Recommendations page! Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! I actually don't use this blog anymore, but you can check out my new one at https://thoughtsontwelve.wordpress.com

      Delete